tpan

Friday, April 6, 2007

The Best Tea on the Planet.

Hey all,

After you've contributed your two cents (or more) to the discussion on whether or not to join TUAA, take a look at this.

Zhena's Gypsy Tea

About two years ago I had to switch from coffee to tea for medical reasons. And while fairly traded coffee is finally making some major headway, the tea industry remains largely unfairly traded.

I was thrilled when I discovered Zhena's. This company is a progressive, conscientious consumer's dream. It's a woman-owned business that sells fairly-traded, certified organic tea. Their products are also certified gluten, GMO, and allergen-free. They donate proceeds from certain teas to C.E.O. Women. They have beautiful packaging and their tins make great martini shakers (I shit you not!) when you're done.

And, incidentally, they make the best fucking tea I've ever had.

Ok, so some of the "nourish your passion" stuff on the tins is a little hokey in that Oprah kind of way. So what? This is the kind of company that needs our support. Doubly so if you've ever read Inga Muscio's Cunt.

Here's the kicker: they're updating their packaging, so they're cleaning house and selling the old stuff for cheap. I just ordered a shitload of tea and got a great bargain! Shipping wasn't bad, but I would recommend ordering at least three canisters to make it worth it. Took about a week to get to CT from CA. I highly recommend their Lemon Jasmine. No, I don't get anything from them for writing all this.

Enjoy!
-Dan