tpan

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lets' Crash the Party!


So, this post is mostly directed at those in Ohhh-three! Sorry, the rest of you. But there are ways that others can help-- read on!

I have received multiple emails and postcards from Tufts telling me of the 2003 Five-Year Reunion Party to happen on May 17. All of them went in the trash. And then I got another one.

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago when the University College had an alumni event. I ended up going with a couple of friends and although we had invitations, it felt like we were crashing the party. It was fun (though maybe not for them!). So I thought that I would see if there is interest in crashing the reunion party. Let me tell you what I have in mind:

The Social Justice Fund has funded the Jumbo Janitor Alliance, which is an organization that supports janitors at Tufts as they seek a better contract with One Source. Many people will remember that this struggle has been going on for quite some time. The late Gerald Gill was a strong supporter of the Tufts janitors, even before they were outsourced and were forced to take a drastic pay cut for doing the same work.

The class of '03 is having a fun affair at Vox Populi in Back Bay. Lets show them what the vox populi really sounds like and organize a voice of dissent for a fair contract for the Tufts Janitors. Register for the event an then shoot me an email to let me know that you are coming! Here is a place where the Tufts Progressive Alumni Network can really get to work!

For those of you not in '03, there is a list of other events going on. You can distribute information here or just email the organizers of these events letting them know how you feel.

We can have fun at our reunion. If we do it our way.

Labels: , , , ,